|By PR Newswire||
|July 9, 2007 04:29 PM EDT||
PARIS, July 9 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Vehicle safety and convenience is making a tremendous leap with the arrival of Blind Spot Detection to General Motors vehicles in the United States. Valeo Raytheon's Blind Spot Detection system, designed to facilitate lane change maneuvers by providing additional warning of vehicles in the blind spot during lane changes, will be available on select 2008 Cadillac and Buick vehicles. This technology recently received a 2007 PACE Award in the product innovation category.
Increasingly, automakers are recognizing the benefits of active safety systems and offering these technologies on new models. Blind spot detection is an important active driving assistance technology that can help improve drivers' awareness of their vehicles' surroundings, and make roads safer. The system operates by calculating the position, distance and direction of travel for vehicles in the adjacent lane of travel. It then alerts the driver of a potential hazard with a visible warning symbol that appears in the side view mirror.
Blind Spot Detection technology is an integral part of Valeo's Driving Assistance Domain that deploys ultrasonic, infrared and vision-sensing technologies toward the goal of achieving total 360-degree surveillance of a vehicle's immediate environment.
Valeo is helping to lead the way in developing innovative technologies that will provide drivers and passengers with a whole new driving experience. Valeo's driving assistance technologies offer solutions for safer vehicles and are intended to monitor the vehicle's perimeter, inform the driver and other road users about the vehicle's immediate environment and to initiate appropriate corrective actions.
Valeo is an independent industrial group dedicated to the design, production and sale of components, integrated systems and modules for cars and trucks. It is one of the world's leading automotive suppliers. The Group has 131 production sites, 68 R&D centers, 9 distribution platforms, and employs 71,100 people in 29 countries worldwide.
For more information about the Group and its activities, please visit our web site http://www.valeo.com/Valeo Management Services
CONTACT: For all additional information, please contact: Claire Vidal
Pilo, Media Relations, Tel: +33-1-40-55-21-26; email@example.com;
Michele Cox, NA Media Relations, Tel: +33-248-340-8437, firstname.lastname@example.org
- DevOps Loses Its Religion | @CloudExpo #AI #ML #IoT #FinTech #Blockchain
- What ‘Software-Defined’ Really Means | @CloudExpo #AI #SDN #SDX #DevOps
- Beware Your Digital Blind Spot | @CloudExpo #Cloud #Agile #DigitalTransformation
- Bad PR Might Sink #ArtificialIntelligence | @CloudExpo #BigData #AI #ML #DL
- Finding Transformational Success by Ignoring Labels | @CloudExpo #Agile #DigitalTransformation
- Deconstruction of #DigitalTransformation | @CloudExpo #IoT #AI #ML #DX
- SOA Governance Best Practices – Architectural, Organizational, and SDLC Implications
- SOA Best Practices - Four Steps to Securing Your Web Services
- Katerina Moutsatsos, Kayikci and SOA World
- Cloud Expo New York Speaker Profile: Dave Linthicum – Cloud Technology Partners
- Why Are APIs So Popular?
- Why SOA Is a Good Fit for CRM Solutions
- Small Cancers, Big Data, and a Life Examined
- ARM Server to Transform #BigData to #IoT | @CloudExpo #DigitalTransformation
- 1st Annual Government IT Conference & Expo: Themes & Topics
- Service Versioning For SOA