|By Marketwired .||
|August 29, 2014 09:21 AM EDT||
FORT LAUDERDALE, FL -- (Marketwired) -- 08/29/14 -- .CLUB Domains announced that it has sold its 100,000th new domain name today, setting a record as the first new generic top-level domain (gTLD) to sell 100,000 domains and continuing its streak as the best-selling new domain extension. Entrepreneurs, brand owners, popular entertainers, corporations, domain investors and more from around the world have registered their own .CLUB websites, including entertainer 50 Cent's 50InDa.Club, singer Demi Lovato's Lovato.club, fitness expert Tiffany Rothe's ICFC.club and many established Rotary, golf, country, yacht, auto, and sports clubs. According to data compiled by Namestat.org, there are already over 150 .CLUB websites in the Alexa top 1 million websites by traffic, more than any other new top level domain name.
In just over 100 days since its launch, .CLUB websites have continued to grow in popularity, with some very interesting names and website concepts. TheDudes.Club has launched as the "go-to place for all the things men find interesting;" LuckyDuck.club will soon launch as a gourmet coffee service; RoswellRotary.club, the Rowell Georgia Rotary chapter now forwards its old .com address to the new .club address; and many clubs, bloggers and businesses are registering from around the world every day.
"We've seen an increase in not only entirely new businesses springing up specifically around the .CLUB domain, such as shaving.club, but also from companies that are creating micro sites within their larger sites as a private, members-only address that offers additional benefits and privileges for 'club' insiders," said Colin Campbell, president and CEO of .CLUB Domains. "We believe we have sold more than any other new domain because the word CLUB is so meaningful, and has recognition all over the world. It is easy to remember and allows for a great, catchy domain name.
Many premium .CLUB domains have also been sold to corporations and investors, including eat.club selling for $20,000; baby.club and Barbie.club each selling for $5,000; Ritz.club selling for $7,500; Mary Kay's purchasing beauty.club and skincare.club; and many more. "But there are still many, many great .CLUB names still available for under $15 a year," added Campbell.
.CLUB domain names are available for purchase from major Domain Name sellers everywhere, such as GoDaddy, Name.com, Hexonet, 101 Domain, 1and1, United Domains, and more. To get your own .CLUB domain name, visit your favorite registrar today or click here to find a complete list of .CLUB registrars from www.nic.club.
About .Club Domains, LLC
Led by Internet entrepreneur Colin Campbell, whose prior successes include Tucows Interactive and Hostopia.com, .Club Domains, LLC was formed for the purpose of becoming the .CLUB gTLD registry. Fully understanding the inherent marketing value of a .CLUB domain for any membership organization, .CLUB is also building a comprehensive social platform for club management. .CLUB is a one-stop shop for clubs of all sizes to secure a great domain, grow club membership, improve member engagement and reduce management costs. By combining an easy to use web services platform with a top level domain based on a globally recognized term, .CLUB is "the easiest way to find, join or start a club." More information and links to register .CLUB domains are available now at www.nic.club.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2666819
For more information, please contact:
.Club Domains Public Relations
- DevOps Loses Its Religion | @CloudExpo #AI #ML #IoT #FinTech #Blockchain
- Bad PR Might Sink #ArtificialIntelligence | @CloudExpo #BigData #AI #ML #DL
- Finding Transformational Success by Ignoring Labels | @CloudExpo #Agile #DigitalTransformation
- Digital Transformation: Not Because It’s Easy, But Because It’s Hard | @CloudExpo #IoT #M2M #AI
- Surviving #DigitalTransformation Fatigue | @CloudExpo #Agile #SOA #AI #ML
- Times of Digital Disruption | @CloudExpo #IoT #AI #ML #DigitalTransformation
- SOA Governance Best Practices – Architectural, Organizational, and SDLC Implications
- SOA Best Practices - Four Steps to Securing Your Web Services
- Katerina Moutsatsos, Kayikci and SOA World
- Cloud Expo New York Speaker Profile: Dave Linthicum – Cloud Technology Partners
- Why Are APIs So Popular?
- Why SOA Is a Good Fit for CRM Solutions
- Small Cancers, Big Data, and a Life Examined
- 1st Annual Government IT Conference & Expo: Themes & Topics
- ARM Server to Transform #BigData to #IoT | @CloudExpo #DigitalTransformation
- Service Versioning For SOA