|By Liz McMillan||
|May 31, 2012 07:30 AM EDT||
In this CEO Power Panel at the 10th International Cloud Expo, moderated by Cloud Expo Conference Chair Jeremy Geelan, leading executives in the Cloud Computing and Big Data space will be discussing such topics as:
- Is it just wishful thinking to depict the Cloud as more than just a technology solution? If not, then what concrete examples best demonstrate cloud computing as an engine of business value?
- Big Data has existed since the early days of computing; why, then, do you think there is such an industry buzz around it right now?
- Do you agree that cloud computing is basically to technology what credit is in the financial services industry, i.e., it enables companies to leverage capabilities that they don't own. Or are there better analogies?
- Do you think Big Data will only ever be used for analytical purposes, or do you envisage that it will actually enable new products?
- How exactly does the cloud enable companies to be better positioned to innovate around new products and services?
- Which of the recent big acquisitions within the cloud and/or Big Data space have most grabbed your attention as a sign of things to come?
- So, three to five years out, what are the cloud / Big Data markets going to look like?
John Keagy is Founder, Chairman and CEO of GoGrid, a global leader in cloud and hybrid infrastructure hosting. He is an Internet infrastructure pioneer, with nearly 20 years of experience as a CEO building, operating successful Internet service providers. At ServePath, now known as GoGrid, Keagy drove the early growth of the dedicated server hosting market by introducing multiple firsts, including multiprocessor servers and hosted load balanced server networks.
Treb Ryan is Co-Founder & CEO of OpSource. Since 1996, he has been instrumental in defining and creating services organizations that improve the quality and reliability of the technology infrastructures businesses depend on for communications and commerce. He is currently considered one of the leading thinkers in SaaS and sits on the Software Executive Board at the SIIA. Prior to co-founding OpSource in 2002, Ryan was President of the Americas for Metromedia Fiber Network (MFN). He attended UCLA and is an advisor to the UCLA CLAS fund.
Darryl Brown is Sr. VP Global Sales & Marketing at Appcore. He is responsible for all sales, marketing and corporate communications at Appcore and has more than 20 years of communications, hosting and IT experience. Prior to joining the management team at Appcore, he served as General Manager of Cloud and Digital Media at Telx, a leading colocation and interconnection provider and was Director of Vertical Marketing for Equinix, one of the largest data center companies in the world. An exceptional technical marketeer and speaker, he has given many presentations on Enterprise Class Internet, MPLS, VoIP, Hosting and Cloud solutions to enthusiastic audiences worldwide.
Lawrence Guillory is the CEO of Racemi Inc., an Atlanta based business that builds rapid cloud migration software for Enterprises, MSPs, and OEM partners. His leadership spans 15 years in both start-ups and larger corporations. His career began at Brown & William where he was responsible for building IT systems that were fully automated to drive the largest 24 x 7 tobacco manufacturing plant in the world. He leveraged his experience to launch Cpons.com and grew that business into the biggest online discount golf community with thousands of golf courses and nearly a million members. He then joined CheckFree, where he led efforts to drive mainstream adoption of their online bill payment product and while there also launched two new business lines for CheckFree. CheckFree was later sold to Fiserv for $4.4 billion; where soon after the transaction Guillory joined Racemi in its quest to dominate the automated provisioning market.
Jeff Newlin joined OutSystems in 2011 as Vice President and General Manager of North America. In this role he is responsible for OutSystems' North American business where he will drive continued growth and expand the organization. As a member of the executive team, he also plays an active role in the overall strategy of the company. Jeff brings over 20 years of experience in creating and continually evolving sales and services organizations as well as strategic and tactical operational management. Most recently, he held the position of Senior VP of Global Sales and Chief Revenue Officer at Silverpop, a provider of SaaS solutions for engagement marketing. Jeff holds BS in Computer Information Systems from Purdue University.
A Rock Star Faculty, Top Keynotes, Sessions, and Top Delegates!
Cloud Expo 2012 New York, June 11-14, 2012, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading Cloud industry players in the world.
The growth and success of Cloud Computing will be on display at the upcoming Cloud Expo conference and exhibition in New York City, June 11-14, 2012, and in Santa Clara, CA, November 5-8, 2012.
The recent Cloud Expo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, was the largest Cloud Computing conference ever produced with more sponsors, exhibitors and delegates than all other Cloud events of the year combined!
Cloud Expo New York will attract more than 8,000 delegates from 48 countries and over 200 sponsors and exhibitors!
All main layers of the Cloud ecosystem will be represented at the 10th International Cloud Expo - the infrastructure players, the platform providers, and those offering applications, and they'll all be here to speak, sponsor, exhibit and network.
"Cloud Expo was announced on February 24, 2007, the day the term ‘cloud computing' was coined," said Fuat Kircaali, founder and chairman of SYS-CON Events, Inc. "Cloud has become synonymous with ‘computing' and ‘software' in two short years, and this event has become the new PC Expo, Comdex, and InternetWorld of our decade. By 2012, more than 50,000 delegates per year will be attending Cloud Expo."
for Cloud Expo New York
Cloud Expo 2012 New York "show prospectus" has shipped. Sponsorship, exhibit, and keynote opportunities can be obtained from Carmen Gonzalez by email at events (at) sys-con.com, or by phone 201 802-3021.
About SYS-CON Media & Events
SYS-CON Media (www.sys-con.com) has since 1994 been connecting technology companies and customers through a comprehensive content stream at www.sys-con.com - featuring over forty focused subject areas, from Cloud Computing to Web Security - interwoven with market-leading full-scale conferences produced by SYS-CON Events. The company's internationally recognized brands include among others Cloud Expo (www.CloudComputingExpo.com), Big Data Expo (http://BigDataExpo.net), Virtualization Conference & Expo (www.VirtualizationConference.com), Government IT Conference & Expo (www.GovITExpo.com), Cloud Computing Bootcamp (www.CloudComputingBootcamp.com), and UlitzerLive! New Media Conference & Expo (http://events.sys-con.com).
Cloud Expo, Cloud Expo East, Cloud Expo West, Cloud Expo New York, Cloud Expo Silicon Valley, Cloud Expo Europe, Cloud Expo Tokyo, Cloud Expo Prague, Cloud Expo Hong Kong, Cloud Expo Sao Paolo are trademarks and /or registered trademarks (USPTO serial number 85009040) of Cloud Expo, Inc.
- DevOps Loses Its Religion | @CloudExpo #AI #ML #IoT #FinTech #Blockchain
- Bad PR Might Sink #ArtificialIntelligence | @CloudExpo #BigData #AI #ML #DL
- Finding Transformational Success by Ignoring Labels | @CloudExpo #Agile #DigitalTransformation
- Digital Transformation: Not Because It’s Easy, But Because It’s Hard | @CloudExpo #IoT #M2M #AI
- Surviving #DigitalTransformation Fatigue | @CloudExpo #Agile #SOA #AI #ML
- Times of Digital Disruption | @CloudExpo #IoT #AI #ML #DigitalTransformation
- SOA Governance Best Practices – Architectural, Organizational, and SDLC Implications
- SOA Best Practices - Four Steps to Securing Your Web Services
- Katerina Moutsatsos, Kayikci and SOA World
- Cloud Expo New York Speaker Profile: Dave Linthicum – Cloud Technology Partners
- Why Are APIs So Popular?
- Why SOA Is a Good Fit for CRM Solutions
- Small Cancers, Big Data, and a Life Examined
- 1st Annual Government IT Conference & Expo: Themes & Topics
- ARM Server to Transform #BigData to #IoT | @CloudExpo #DigitalTransformation
- Service Versioning For SOA