|By Jeremy Geelan||
|May 31, 2013 07:15 AM EDT||
With Cloud Expo New York | 12th Cloud Expo [June 10-13, 2013] hurtling rapidly towards us, let's take a look at the distinguished individuals in our incredible Speaker Faculty for the technical and strategy sessions at the conference coming up June 10-13 at the Jacob Javits Center in New York City.
We have technical and strategy sessions for you all four days dealing with every nook and cranny of Cloud Computing and Big Data, but what of those who are presenting? Who are they, where do they work, what else have they written and/or said about the Cloud that is transforming the world of Enterprise IT, side by side with the exploding use of enterprise Big Data – processed in the Cloud – to drive value for businesses...?
12TH CLOUD EXPO SPEAKER NAME: Nicos Vekiarides
COMPANY: Twin Strata
12TH CLOUD EXPO SESSION TITLE: Big Data into a Small Storage Package with Cloud Storage
SESSION DESCRIPTION: http://cloudcomputing.sys-con.com/node/2577507
BRIEF BIOGRAPHY: Nicos Vekiarides is the CEO & Co-Founder of TwinStrata. He has spent over 20 years in enterprise data storage, both as a business manager and as an entrepreneur and founder in startup companies.Prior to TwinStrata, he served as VP of Product Strategy and Technology at Incipient, Inc., where he helped deliver the industry's first storage virtualization solution embedded in a switch.
Prior to Incipient, Vekiarides was General Manager of the storage virtualization business at Hewlett-Packard. He came to HP with the acquisition of StorageApps where he was the founding VP of Engineering. At StorageApps, he built a team that brought to market the industry's first storage virtualization appliance. Prior to StorageApps, he spent a number of years in the data storage industry working at Sun Microsystems and Encore Computer. At Encore, he architected and delivered Encore Computer's SP data replication products that were a key factor in the acquisition of Encore's storage division by Sun Microsystems.
RECENT CLOUD COMPUTING QUOTE:
"There are many excellent reasons to use cloud storage, but fast and efficient transfer of large amounts of data isn’t usually listed as a benefit. That’s one of the reasons why people use cloud storage gateways: to speed up cloud storage access."
Cloud Expo Conference Chair Jeremy Geelan interviewed Nicos Vekiarides, at Cloud Expo New York in 2012 to discuss TwinStrata cloud storage solutions. Watch the entire interview below:
- DevOps Loses Its Religion | @CloudExpo #AI #ML #IoT #FinTech #Blockchain
- What ‘Software-Defined’ Really Means | @CloudExpo #AI #SDN #SDX #DevOps
- Beware Your Digital Blind Spot | @CloudExpo #Cloud #Agile #DigitalTransformation
- Bad PR Might Sink #ArtificialIntelligence | @CloudExpo #BigData #AI #ML #DL
- Finding Transformational Success by Ignoring Labels | @CloudExpo #Agile #DigitalTransformation
- Deconstruction of #DigitalTransformation | @CloudExpo #IoT #AI #ML #DX
- SOA Governance Best Practices – Architectural, Organizational, and SDLC Implications
- SOA Best Practices - Four Steps to Securing Your Web Services
- Katerina Moutsatsos, Kayikci and SOA World
- Cloud Expo New York Speaker Profile: Dave Linthicum – Cloud Technology Partners
- Why Are APIs So Popular?
- Why SOA Is a Good Fit for CRM Solutions
- Small Cancers, Big Data, and a Life Examined
- ARM Server to Transform #BigData to #IoT | @CloudExpo #DigitalTransformation
- 1st Annual Government IT Conference & Expo: Themes & Topics
- Service Versioning For SOA