|By Daniel Keeney||
|June 18, 2009 07:30 PM EDT||
Some people believe the concept of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) has not fulfilled its promise. Gray Hall, chairman of Mezeo Software, makes the case that SOA is well on its way to fulfilling its promise and the rise of cloud computing infrastructure is an important step in this process. He suggests that cloud computing is already beginning to unleash the potential of SOA and much more is on the way.
Hall writes that SOA is an architectural pattern, but it has been lacking a target platform.
"All applications must run somewhere; applications need infrastructure. SOA is an application architecture; cloud computing is an infrastructure architecture. It's that simple. This marriage is long overdue."
The bottom line, says Hall, is that cloud computing and SOA need each other, and together they will ultimately justify all the hype.
Read more on this subject at Cloud Storage Strategy blog.
- DevOps Loses Its Religion | @CloudExpo #AI #ML #IoT #FinTech #Blockchain
- Bad PR Might Sink #ArtificialIntelligence | @CloudExpo #BigData #AI #ML #DL
- Finding Transformational Success by Ignoring Labels | @CloudExpo #Agile #DigitalTransformation
- Digital Transformation: Not Because It’s Easy, But Because It’s Hard | @CloudExpo #IoT #M2M #AI
- Surviving #DigitalTransformation Fatigue | @CloudExpo #Agile #SOA #AI #ML
- Times of Digital Disruption | @CloudExpo #IoT #AI #ML #DigitalTransformation
- SOA Governance Best Practices – Architectural, Organizational, and SDLC Implications
- SOA Best Practices - Four Steps to Securing Your Web Services
- Katerina Moutsatsos, Kayikci and SOA World
- Cloud Expo New York Speaker Profile: Dave Linthicum – Cloud Technology Partners
- Why Are APIs So Popular?
- Why SOA Is a Good Fit for CRM Solutions
- Small Cancers, Big Data, and a Life Examined
- 1st Annual Government IT Conference & Expo: Themes & Topics
- ARM Server to Transform #BigData to #IoT | @CloudExpo #DigitalTransformation
- Service Versioning For SOA